You might be suffering from Calcific Tendonitis in your Rotator Cuff if:
- You have pain in your shoulder lasting a few weeks or months with no relief.
- You feel a sharp pain in your shoulder that shoots down your arm.
- You have a lot of pain that wakes you up at night or when you get up in the morning from laying on the affected shoulder.
- You're suffering from reduced motion in your shoulder and an inability to raise your arm and shoulder up without extreme pain.
- You sometimes feel a snapping, catching or weakness in your shoulder.
If any of those statements are true for you or you're suffering from on-going pain in your shoulder that intensifies over time and suddenly goes away then you might be suffering from "calcific tendonitis" in your rotator cuff. Calcific tendonitis is an injury that not a lot of people have heard about, and as a medical term the name for this condition is sometimes referred to as "rotator cuff disease".
Rotator cuff disease is really an injury or condition involving any injury or damage in your rotator cuff - to the tendons, muscles, or bursae. Calcific tendonitis means specifically the formation of bone spurs in the middle of your rotator cuff tendons. These spurs will form on their own naturally and will also go away on their own. While they're there though, they can cause pain, stiffness, and loss of movement in your shoulder and arm.
Calcific tendonitis is one of those injuries that can really bring down the quality of your life. In the early stages you might not feel a lot of pain, but the pain will increase as this condition goes on. The pain you feel will start to interrupt any of your normal daily tasks and make living life harder than it really needs to be. You might even start experiencing some sleepless night from the pain, or develop other conditions (like frozen shoulder) from resting and avoiding use of your injured shoulder.
What is Calcific Tendonitis?
We use tendons everyday to stretch, pull and move, we have about 400 tendons in our body! Tendons are cord like pieces of soft tissue that connect our muscles to our bones. Calcific Tendinitis is a condition where calcium deposits (bone spurs) build in the middle of the tendon tissue. This condition is basically a natural chemical reaction with other tissues in the body the results in the formation of these spurs (an action called 'calcification').
What Causes Calcific Tendinitis?
There is no known cause of calcific tendinitis. All that medical professionals and doctors know now is that calcific tendonitis is NOT caused by: trauma to the area of injury, a sport / activity related injury and it's rarely part of a systemic disease. So far this condition is known as a natural process than can happen to some people and not others.
The Two Types of Calcific Tendonitis Of The Shoulder Affecting The Rotator Cuff
Aging and normal (everyday) activities can cause wear and tear on the tendons in your shoulder. This wear and tear slowly weakens your tendons over time and can cause small tearing or fraying (kind of like a rope frays as it's used). Aging also decreases the blood flow to the tendons of the rotator cuff. Normally, degenerative calcification affects people over the age of 40.
Overworking and overusing the shoulder can cause tendonitis. Tendonitis is a condition that has resulted in small microscopic tears in the tendon tissue. As a part of the normal healing process your body will react to this tendonitis with swelling and inflammation in your shoulder. Unfortunately aging of tendon tissue reduces blood flow to the rotator cuff tendons, starving the tissue from oxygen and nutrients needed for natural healing as well. This is bad news because you need blood to heal the tendon completely. In this case your tendon will make calcium deposits in your tendon tissue instead of using natural blood flow to actually make strong, healthy tissue fibers.
There is still some mystery surrounding the cause of reactive calcification. The stages of this type of calcific tendonitis can start when you're younger and progress until you're in your 40's (or even later in life). So far there is no clear cause of reactive calcification.
This condition normally affects younger women more so than men. There are 4 stages of reactive calcification:
- Stage 1: Pre-calcific - A natural chemical reaction in the cells causes the calcium to form inside the tendon itself. The calcium deposit will get bigger and look like a piece of chalk (hard, dry).
- Stage 2: Resting - The chalk-like calcium deposit enters a resting period and may or may not be painful. At this point the deposit may be large enough to reduce the range of motion in your shoulder.
- Stage 3: Calcific - This is the most painful part of all the stages. The body is trying to break down the calcium and reabsorb it into the tendon tissue. This stage sparks inflammation and the calcium crystals turn into a 'liquid' much like the consistency of toothpaste, and may leak into the surrounding tissue (ultimately causing other conditions like shoulder bursitis / subacromial bursitis).
- Stage 4: Post-Calcific - The healing cycle continues in the tendon and remodelling of the cells helps to create new tendon tissue. The pain decreases as the calcium deposit is re-absorbed into the tissue and disappears completely.
Symptoms of Calcific Tendinitis
If you're suffering from calcific tendinitis you may experience:
- Pain and stiffness that lasts for a few weeks to 2 months and suddenly disappear. If your calcific tendinitis injury comes back a number of times, you could now have a chronic condition and notice pain that lingers for a few months to years.
- Pain that radiates from the point of your shoulder half way down your arm.
- Pain that intensifies when you raise your arm above your shoulder level.
- Reduced range of motion in your arm and shoulder.
- Pain that wakes you up at night if you're sleeping on your side or your affected shoulder.
- Snapping, catching or/and or weakness of your shoulder.
Calcific Tendinitis Diagnosis
Visiting your doctor when you have pain is always recommended, as there are many possible issues that can happen in your shoulder.
To begin with, your doctor will gather a medical history about you and your current condition and symptoms. They'll ask about the intensity of your pain, how long your symptoms usually last and the limitations you're experiencing. Details about when it started and whether or not you have ever had treatments for this or a similar condition in the past are very helpful in assessing your shoulder injury.
Your doctor will also look and feel the bones and soft tissue in your shoulder to see what kind of pain you're having. They'll be looking for any differences between you injured shoulder and your healthy shoulder. This will help them to feel any abnormalities - like mild or severe inflammation, bone deformities, atrophied muscles (muscles that have wasted away due to injury), redness and/or warmth on the skin.
One set of symptoms can result in multiple diagnoses. An X-ray, MRI or visual ultrasound is needed in order to clearly diagnose calcific tendinitis and know the extent of the soft tissue damage. Any calcium deposits in your tendons should show up clearly in an x-ray.
How Do I Cure Calcific Tendonitis -
What You Can Do!
The good news is that most cases of calcific tendonitis will heal with simple home conservative treatments and surgery is often not needed!
It's generally understood by doctors and surgeons, that surgery will introduce more scar tissue into the shoulder. This added scar tissue will be problematic, requiring physical therapy and conservative treatment options post-surgery. When it comes to calcific tendonitis there's only 1 surgical option for treatment - removal of the calcium deposit through arthroscopic, needling or open surgery. This is why surgery is only performed as a last resort for chronic calcific tendonitis injuries that won't heal with conservative treatment methods, or calcium deposits that won't re-absorb back into the tendon.
Some conservative treatment methods recommended include:
- Rest - This is important for initial healing because without proper rest you're at risk for increased pain or inflammation in your shoulder. Without proper rest you could end up making your calcific tendonitis even worse and turn an acute injury into a chronic one.
- Avoid Activities that Increase Your Pain - While resting your shoulder it's also important to avoid all activities that increase your pain. This would include raising your arm above shoulder level, or using your injured shoulder for everyday activities. Continuing on with regular activities will not only make your injury worse, but also result in major set-backs in your recovery.
- Apply Cold Compression - Immediate application of a Cold Compress or Ice Pack will help manage pain while getting rid of your swelling and inflammation. Immediate pain relief and reduced inflammation can also relieve some of the pressure that's being placed on your rotator cuff tendons and stop your injury from getting worse.
- Use a deep heat therapy such as the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® - After any inflammation and/or swelling has been reduced
- Stretch Your Shoulder - Stretches and exercise prescribed by a physical therapist or doctor could help to increase your range of motion and improve any muscle strength lost from resting your shoulder.
- Attend Physical Therapy Appointments - Your physical therapist may ask you about using clinical ultrasound (which uses a sound waves) to help reduce the size of the calcium deposit. Ultrasound needs to be repeated often in a six to eight week period up to 24 times visits to see full results. Another treatment your physical therapist might want you to try is extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ECSW). With this technology sound waves are targeted into the tissue to help reduce the size of the calcium deposit. This therapy would need to be repeated every other week for 3 to 18 visits depending on the size of the deposit.
Other Conservative Treatment Methods can be Risky
Cortisone (Steroid) Injections
Steroid injections may provide temporary relief from the pain of tendon related injuries. The injections will do this by shutting off your immune system in the area that's injected. This in turn stops the blood flow that's going to your tendon to help with healing. Steroid injections should generally be avoided when treating calcific tendonitis as they can weaken the tendon and over time this may lead to a rupture in your rotator cuff. If you do opt for an injection, doctors usually recommend that you avoid any strenuous activity for several weeks to reduce the risk of a rupture.
"Medical evidence shows that cortisone shots can damage the surrounding tissue, fray the tendon, and even trigger a rupture. Most side effects are temporary, but skin weakening (atrophy) and lightening of the skin (depigmentation) can be permanent." (reference: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons)
If your doctor has decided that your calcific tendonitis can be treated with conservative treatments, you can join our many customers who have had great success in treating themselves at home with conservative treatment options such as the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap®.
If you need to have surgery, talk to your doctor about using these same products for post-surgery recovery. You'll find them effective for reducing post-surgery inflammation, enhancing range of motion and minimizing the growth of scar tissue in your shoulder.
What if You Need Surgery?
Whether you need to have surgery and the type of surgery you'll have depends on the severity of your calcific tendonitis. The longer you've waited to have surgery or try conservative treatment methods will also be a factor to decide if you need surgery.
Has it been weeks or months since the injury?
An acute (recent) case of calcific tendonitis is usually treated with conservative treatment methods, like rest, minimizing activity, cold compression and Deep Tissue Regeneration Therapy as we mentioned before.
Doctors and surgeons will always avoid surgery if possible because recovery from the surgery can be a lengthy process - especially because the calcium deposit is being removed from your tendon. Doctors always prefer minimally invasive treatments which is why they suggest conservative treatment first. Your doctor and surgeon know that a surgery will involve altering the structure of your foot, and so they will recommend treatment to avoid surgery at all costs.
Scar tissue will be problematic for long-term recovery after surgery.
As with any surgery there are risks to every procedure depending on a lot of factors, including your age, the severity of your injury and your level of health going into the procedure. It's always best to discuss all possible risks and complications with your doctor, orthopaedic specialist and/or surgeon before the procedure. It's important to be aware of the risks you may face with any procedure intended to fix or relieve pain from your calcific tendonitis.
If you've exhausted all forms of conservative treatments and you still have calcific tendinitis you and your doctor may decide to move forward with surgery. There are few types of procedures or surgeries they may preform:
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Your doctor may suggest trying a procedure called lavage. During this procedure your doctor will insert two large needles into your shoulder and inject sterile saline (salt water solution). The salt water is used to rinse the tendon, and sometimes this rinsing method will help to loosen up your calcium deposit. If the lavage treatment is successful your body will have an easier time re-absorbing the calcium deposit. It could speed up healing and may reduce pressure in the tendon, reducing your pain.
Your doctor may also suggest needling. For this procedure the doctor will attempt to break up the calcium deposit by repeatedly inserting a needle in the area. They also may or may not inject a saline (salt water) solution at the same time.
For this surgery your surgeon will make small incisions in your shoulder then insert tools and a camera (arthroscope) to remove the calcium deposit and see inside your shoulder joint. Sometimes the surgeon will use the needling technique or make a small incision in the tendon and tease out the calcium with a hook. This type of surgery is much less invasive and you can return to daily life much sooner.
If an arthroscopic procedure can't be done, your surgeon might use an open incision in the skin to expose the area in the shoulder where the calcium deposit is in the tendon. The calcium deposit would then be cut out and the edges of the tendon where the calcium attached itself are also cut away (a process called debridement). After this the remainder of the tendon is stitched back together. This is a much more involved surgery than an arthroscopic procedure - so you may need to wear a sling for up to 3 days and start physical therapy range of motion exercises at that point.
Conservative Treatment Methods are also Recommended by Your Doctor for Recovery after Your Surgery
Remember that surgery isn't the end of your journey, it's just the beginning of a new chapter. Your rehabilitation efforts will have an important impact on how soon you can return to living and enjoying your normal daily life.
Your rate of recovery after the surgery will depend on how dedicated you are to the conservative treatment method recommended by your doctor, the type of procedure that you had and your efforts in physical therapy.
No two rehabilitation plans are alike - Generally speaking, the less invasive your
surgery is, the quicker your road to recovery will be.
Use Conservative Treatment Methods For Calcific Tendinitis
If you suspect you have calcific tendonitis,
- Usually conservative treatment methods are all that's needed to treat calcific tendonitis, surgery is only ever used if long-term conservative treatment methods don't work or if you're suffering from a chronic case of calcific tendonitis. Conservative treatment options for calcific tendonitis typically includes rest, icing of the injury, avoiding activities that cause or worsen the pain that you're feeling, and anti-inflammatory over-the-counter medication (reference: 1, 2).
- Second, if your doctor has decided that your injury can be treated with conservative treatment options, then you'll find that many of our customers have had great success treating themselves with our powerful conservative treatment product - the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap®.
- Or, if surgical intervention is required, talk with your doctor about using these same products for post-surgery recovery as you'll find them to be effective for reducing post-surgery inflammation, enhancing range of motion and reducing scar tissue growth.
When the calcium deposits are being reabsorbed, the pain can be especially bad. There are a number of ways to relieve your pain with conservative treatments.
Conservative Treatment Step 1: Reduce The Initial Inflammation
Inflammation is the body's natural response to an immediate shoulder injury and is a normal part of the healing process - helping to reduce tissue infection in the early stages of injury. Swelling, pain, heat sensation, redness, and loss of function are the main symptoms experienced.
The combination of rest, topical pain relief cream and minor amounts of cold therapy is the gold standard in medicine for minimizing tissue damage and reducing inflammation after injury or activity. It serves as a critical bridge into the next phase of the healing process.
Conservative Treatment Step 2: Enhance Blood Flow to the Injured Soft Tissue
Tendons,ligaments, cartilage, and some muscle fibres are dense tissues. As a result, they naturally receive limited blood flow and this is precisely why injuries to these tissues take so long to heal. The challenge is, how do you effectively increase blood flow to these tissues?
- Rigorous exercise is out of the question as it will lead to further injury.
- Heating pads merely provide a surface heat and do not effectively penetrate into the dense tissues.
- Therapy is helpful, but that only happens a few times a week.
It is through the blood that the body carries nutrients, oxygen, and antibodies that injured tissue needs to repair and rebuild. Research shows that electromagnetic energy is a very effective treatment for stimulating blood flow to dense tissues such as tendons, ligaments, muscles, and even vascular portions of cartilage. This dramatically improves the healing process.
Electromagnetic energy is an energy waveform that is absorbed by dense tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) and not absorbed much by less dense tissue (fat cells, skin). Absorption of this energy translates to thermal heat, and the body increases blood flow to the area as a response to this heat. This increased blood flow speeds up the healing process, clearing the area of toxins and excess fluid build up, thereby reducing inflammation. More details on this are found further down the page.
Electromagnetic Energy is recognized in scientific circles as a legitimate treatment for many forms of muscle and soft tissue injuries.
Conservative Treatment Step 3: Recognize That Healing is a Process
With dedication, the right tools, and the right information - you will achieve your goal of a sustainable recovery. A combination approach of cold therapy, deep heat treatments, and functional movements will make it happen much more quickly. Healing takes a comprehensive approach and will differ from person to person.
If you have questions, we welcome you to call our office toll-free at 1-866-237-9608 (Continental US), or Internationally at +1-705-532-1671.
The Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® - Heal Your Shoulder For The Long Term
The best option we came across in our research to accomplish true healing of shoulder injuries is the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap®. Use of this device results in a dramatic increase in blood flow to the injured tissues located deeper within the body - all in a non-invasive manner.
Have you seen what happens when you add water to a flower wilted from drought? In essence, your injured shoulder is much like a "wilted" flower; your body wants to heal its injury, but needs lots of nutrients to do it. Blood brings new life to your cells by delivering healing nutrients and oxygen that are vital to your tissue. In addition, the blood carries away toxins and cellular waste cleaning the area and healing it faster. Without a good supply of blood, your shoulder simply won't heal properly.
Using a T•Shellz Wrap® will not expose you to the risk of causing further harm to soft tissue like you can when using rigorous exercise. The Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® accomplishes the goal of enhanced blood flow without the need for intensive exercise and as such reduces your risk of re-injury.
T•Shellz Wrap® = Accelerated Healing Power for Your Shoulder Injury
The Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® is based on the scientifically validated principal of Electromagnetic energy as we discussed previously. This form of treatment is safe and effective as shown in numerous studies which can be referenced through the National Library of Medicine. Professional athletes and those in the medical field have been users of the technology for decades - it really hasn't been until recently that companies like ours introduced the treatment devices to the home user.
The healing energy from the T•Shellz Wrap® does not absorb into the skin - it absorbs directly into the damaged muscle and soft tissue (as a result, you will not feel the same level of heat on the skin versus a heating pad). The longer wavelength provides the electromagnetic energy wrap with the capability of penetrating deep into the body (well over two and a half inches).
EM energy emitted from the T•Shellz Wrap® is absorbed by high protein tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament, cartilage) and is converted into Kinetic energy - much of this energy being released as heat. Overall, EM energy will warm soft tissues, improve blood circulation, and boost metabolism and enzyme activity. In stimulating localized blood flow to damaged soft tissue, you provide needed oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies to regenerate new, healthy collagen. In addition, you will experience a clearing of toxins and excess fluid build up from the injury site. Over the intermediate term, this helps to reduce incidents of swelling as trapped fluids will be whisked away - reducing pressure on blood vessels.
Using the T-Shell Wrap is truly a unique experience. Within moments of applying a treatment to your injured shoulder, you can feel the healing sensation due to the increase in blood flow deep within the area. During a treatment, and for quite some time after you finish, the treated area will feel relaxed and less painful. It's a very soothing sensation and extremely effective.
Who Should Use the T•Shellz Wrap®
We recommend the use of a T•Shellz Wrap®:
- If you have injured your rotator cuff or other soft tissue in your shoulder, then the T-Shell Wrap will accelerate your healing.
- If you have injured your shoulder and need surgery, then this is exactly what you need after your surgery to help the surgically repaired tissues rebuild for long-term health.
- If you are dealing with conditions affecting your range of motion such as shoulder impingement or even arthritis.
- If you have a chronic shoulder condition that has lasted for years- this device will help start the rebuilding process and help strengthen the surrounding and supporting tissues. Many of our past clients had suffered for years, then were completely amazed at the results only after a few months of treatments.
- If you are still working with an injured shoulder, the T•Shellz Wrap® will help relax injured soft tissue prior to work and after a day at the job.
- If you are still trying to enjoy your favorite activities such as gardening, tennis, golf, etc - use the T•Shellz Wrap® prior to activity to help reduce chances of re-injuring or re-aggravating those targeted tissues.
- If you are suffering from bursitis in your shoulder and want to treat the major source of it (secondary damage to the muscle and tendon surrounding the bursa sac). Through overuse or degenerative changes in the shoulder, the muscle and tendons surrounding the bursa sacs will tighten and constrict. When they do, they place pressure on the bursa, causing it to become irritated. Applying a soothing and deep penetrating energy to the shoulder relaxes the tissues and takes the pressure off the bursa.
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your shoulder and want to reduce the chance of re-injury - this is a perfect treatment to use on a regular basis.
- If you have had stem cell, PRP or prolotherapy treatments and your physician told you to get a radiant energy wrap, then this is exactly what you need.
- If you have injured your shoulder and need surgery, then this is exactly what you need after your surgery (once the surgery wound has healed)
- If you are experiencing atrophy in your shoulder and want to reduce the chance of re-injury while stretching - this is a perfect treatment to use every time before you stretch.
Increased Blood Circulation = Increased Healing Rate
What Else Makes the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® So Special?
We believe the T•Shellz Wrap® to be one of the most effective treatments to stimulate blood flow to dense, injured tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other similar tissues.
We can promise that you will receive a product that is designed to be safe and does what it is supposed to do...quickly relieve pain and aid in the recovery from tendon, muscle and other soft tissue injuries.
The unit plugs into a standard wall outlet to get its power. The nice thing about the power supply is that the same unit can be used in North America and overseas as well. It has the capability to operate between 110v and 230v. It has a special controller that can be set for 3 different power levels of application (3=High, 2=Medium, 1=Low). The cord is long so you can sit or lie comfortably and watch TV, read or surf the net while you're using it.
Treatments are max 30 minutes in duration and the device can be worn over clothing. This allows you to use the device at work, at home, or really anywhere you have access to an electrical outlet.
A Recap of the Benefits of the T•Shellz Wrap®..
- Can be used on either the Left or Right Shoulder - very versatile
- Targeted treatment of Rotator Cuff, Bursitis, Impingement, Arthritis, etc
- It can be used before exercise to warm up your shoulder to reduce the risk of injury
- FDA Registered medical device for use in home or clinics - very high quality
- Greatly enhances healing of tendons, ligaments, and muscles
- Increases flexibility of tissues (reducing the re-injury factor)
- It soothes pain and whisks away toxins
- Carbon fiber Energy Pad is strong, lightweight, and flexible - contours very easily
- It provides deep heat, which the body responds to by increasing blood flow. Increased blood flow enhances the healing rate - saving time and money when associated with extended doctor or physical therapist visits
- it is an outstanding tool for post-surgery rehabilitation, getting you back to work faster
When Should I Use My TShellz Wrap During the Day?
The most common question we receive from individuals prior to purchasing is - how many times a day should I be using my shoulder wraps and when should I be using them? While treatment plans will differ for each individual and their specific injury, there are general guidelines that should be adhered to.
- Use a Cold Compress or Ice Pack when you are experiencing inflammation (usually after exertion or movement of the injury area).
The Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® would then be used:
- Right after rising from bed in the morning (as this is when it is most stiff)
- Prior to going to bed at night (to relax the shoulder, allowing for better sleep)
- Before you know you will be using your injured joint (going to work, driving, typing, etc).
Stage 3 - In Between Treatments With T•Shellz Wrap®, Apply Our New Fast Acting Pain Relief Cream Called ARNICA INFUSION
Dealing with aches and pains affecting the foot, ankle, leg, knee, hamstring, hip, back, arm, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or hand? If so, then applying the Arnica Infusion to any of these targeted areas will bring about fast relief from the pain and sore tissues. Simply apply a small amount of cream to the body and moments later, you will experience a soothing and comforting sensation over the area.
Arnica Infusion is specially designed to relieve pain due to sore muscles and joints associated with arthritis, backaches, sprains, strains, and bruises. No matter if you are dealing with an acute injury, chronic pain, or a general "flare-up" - you will experience fast relief from pain and inflammation.
This is a product that many of our current MendMeShop customers asked us to develop. So we focused our time and resources over the past few years and came up, with we believe, will be one of more effective, fast acting, topical pain relief creams on the market.
You are likely familiar with some of the standard topical agents on the market as most of our customers use them. The are mass marketed and even found in most department stores now.
Well, we are here to say that Arnica Infusion goes many steps beyond what they offer.
Made in the USA at an FDA registered manufacturing facility, you can be assured that Arnica Infusion is both safe and effective. We only source top grade ingredients while implementing strict quality control checks during every step of the production process. Expect the same high quality that MendMeShop customers have been accustomed to since we started the company in 2005.
The "Cool Blue" formula is the perfect balance between the smooth application of a cream and the effective absorbing factor of a gel. It is not too thick and not too thin - just the right texture. Best of all, it feels very nice on the skin!
Each application of Arnica Infusion feels so comforting and soothing, we are certain it will become an item you will not want to live without.
Conservative treatment tools just like these have been used successfully by thousands of shoulder injury sufferers - just like you.
DTR Therapy = Greatly Increased Blood Flow in Your Injured Shoulder
We believe the use of T•Shellz Wraps for effective treatment of soft tissue shoulder injuries is one of the most under-utilized home treatment options available on the market today. We have thousands of customers that have tried many options out there and have been amazed at how effective and fast the TShellz Wrap treatment can heal soft tissue injuries.
With regular use of the Shoulder TShellz Wrap:
- Your pain will be reduced.
- Your injury will heal at an accelerated rate with reduced potential for re-injury.
- Your corresponding shoulder will have a larger range of motion and increased extensibility of collagen tissue. (Chapter 9 of "Therapeutic Heat and Cold", 4th edition.
(amazon.com link - Ed. Justus F. Lehmann, M.D., Williams, and Wilkin)
Not only does the incorporation of conservative treatments (such as the use of a Cold Compress or Ice Pack and the Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap®) accelerate the healing process, but it helps to prevent long term complications. Pain, lack of mobility, tendinosis, or a complete tendon rupture are some of the more common long term complications that can occur when rotator cuff tendinitis, tendon tears, and other injuries go untreated. By treating your rotator cuff with these treatments, scar tissue becomes softer and the tendons, ligaments and other soft tissue become stronger reducing the risk of chronic problems in the future.
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
The Key Point To Keep in Mind When Treating Your Rotator Cuff Injury
Make Sure That Complete Healing is Your #1 Goal
We all know that if the injury was healed, the pain would go away but what about the opposite situation? If the pain is gone, does that mean the injury is better? Unfortunately, this is not always true.
Too many people only focus on suppressing pain symptoms while providing less attention to the true healing aspects of the body. Experiencing less pain, while obviously a good short-term goal, never equates to underlying healing. Scar tissue can remain for months after one gets to a point of being relatively pain-free. However, as long the weak and brittle scar tissue remains, you are susceptible to re-injury or re-aggravation. Certain motions or movements can cause the weaker tissue to easily tear - resulting in some reversal of the recovery up until that point.
This is why we recommend for people to continue with their doctor or therapist recommended exercises and to continue with mild treatments of the T•Shellz Wrap® for a period of time - to better ensure complete healing.
Ongoing treatments to enhance circulation will soothe, relax and promote healing of your damaged rotator cuff muscles and tendons. Shoulder T•Shellz treatments will also allow your soft tissue to extend further due to the deep warming sensation created by the enhanced circulation to the treatment area. The more extensibile your tissues are, the less likely they are to strain or sprain.
The Shoulder T•Shellz Wrap® is a highly effective therapy tool for people suffering from rotator cuff and general shoulder injuries - such as a tear in your shoulder muscle, tendon or other soft tissue, strain, Tendonitis, tendinopathy, tendinosis, impingement syndrome, shoulder instability, biceps Tenosynovitis, bursitis, frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis), SLAP tear and any pain associated with trigger points, scar tissue, and arthritis.
How long has MendMeShop been in business
We established our firm in December of 2005. Our track record in this field continues to grow and we plan on being around for many decades to come.
What is your return policy? Is it the standard 30 days?
We go above and beyond what other companies offer - we offer a full 60 day money back guarantee with no restocking fees.
AidYourTendon advisors do not work on commission, so be assured you will only receive fair and objective information.
Remember: We recommend that you consult your doctor and/or physiotherapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they're right for you and your condition.
During your recovery, you may have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort in your rotator cuff area until your pain and inflammation settle, and you gain more mobility and strength in your shoulder. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!
Click HERE to Go To Our Online Store We take all major credit cards and Paypal.
If you have questions, call our office at 1-866-237-9608 (toll free continental US).
We are currently offering FREE SHIPPING and a 60 day trial period on all our Wraps.
Learn More About Tendon Injuries & Treatments
I want to learn more about Post-Surgery Recovery
I want to learn more about T•Shellz Wrap® Deep Tissue Therapy
I want to learn more about Ice & Heat: Which Is Better For Treatment?
I want to learn more about Tendonitis Treatments
I want to learn more about Tendonitis Surgery
During your recovery, you will probably have to modify and/or eliminate any activities that cause pain or discomfort at the location of your soft tissue injury until the pain and inflammation settle. Always consult your doctor and/or Physical Therapist before using any of our outstanding products, to make sure they are right for you and your condition. The more diligent you are with your treatment and rehabilitation, the faster you will see successful results!
Product specialists are available 9:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time Monday, Tuesday and between 9:00 am and 5:00pm on Wednesday to Friday.
If any question or concern arises, call us or simply send us an email at any time (we check our emails constantly all throughout the day and night.. even on holidays!). We will respond as soon as possible.
North America Toll Free 1-866-237-9608
Outside North America +1-705-532-1671